Platinum Arts LLC is an internationally recognized award winning company founded in 2007 with projects featured in numerous magazines.
Core Services Provided:
+ Website Development
+ Copywriting, Internet Marketing and Marketing Strategy
+ Game Design
Marketing and Copywriting Services:
+ Website Copy for Content Pages, Landing Pages, Product Descriptions, and Sales Pages
+ SEO Optimization, Link Building, and Search Engine Ranking
+ Explainer Video Scripts
+ Email Marketing and Sales Emails
+ Press Releases
Mike’s Happy Place – Dedicated to brightening your day and your future – MikesHappyPlace.com
Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker – SandboxGameMaker.com
Doom 3 Mod Last Man Standing Coop – Doom3coop.com
Make A Game Free – Resources on how to make a game for free – MakeAGameFree.com
Breakfast Vs Dinner – Funny stories and art – Breakfastvsdinner.com
Youtube – Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker
Facebook – Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker
Contact Platinum Arts:
Portfolio For Mike, CEO of Platinum Arts LLC
* The Doom 3 Coop Mod Last Man Standing Coop – http://Doom3Coop.com
* Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker – SandboxGameMaker.com
* The Boy Who Could Fly – Amazon Ebook
* Copywriting and Marketing Services
Project Leader, Level Designer, Marketing, Website Development, Copywriter, Lead QA Tester, Teacher, Soccer Coach, and Community Manager
Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker
Project Leader, Level Designer, Marketing, Website Development, and Community Manager, of the free educational open source project Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker 2007 – Present which has led to many various teaching and presentation opportunities and helped many children worldwide. The project enables kids and adults to easily create worlds and video games.
* Used in 300+ schools internationally including potentially by the Government of Thailand.
* Personally used in teaching jobs at The One Room School House, Ballston Spa, Scotia Glenville Middle School, Mildred Elley College, Mildred Elley Summer Kids Camps, and the After School Club at Catholic High in Troy.
* Delivered many presentations regarding the project including the PBS conference for teachers Games In Education `09 and `10, RPI, Siena, Mildred Elley, Girls Inc, etc.
* Voted a top 100 game project each year in `08-`10 at Moddb.com of 5k+ entries reaching #5 in 2009.
* Featured in several international magazines.
Computer Science (and Game Design) Teacher One Room School House
* Computer Science Teacher
* Creator and Head of the Art and Writing Magazine
* Soccer Coach
* After School Teacher where I taught Chess, Computer Science, Game Design, Creative Writing, Sports, and Art to 1st and 2nd graders.
Volunteer Soccer Coach Highland Soccer
Certified Soccer Coach for Highland Soccer League 2010 – 2012, ages 6-12
Game Design Teacher Mildred Elley College
Game Design Teacher at Mildred Elley College and the Game Design Summer Camp For Kids ages 10-17, 2007 – 2011. I taught the Game Design and Prototyping classes and during the summers I taught a Game Design Camp for Middle School and High School Students.
Doom 3 Coop Mod Last Man Standing Coop – Doom3Coop.com
Project Leader, Level Designer, Marketing, and Lead QA Tester for the Doom 3 modification Last Man Standing Coop 2004 – 2009
* Recipient of numerous awards including GDC hosted Independent Games Festival 2006 Best Doom 3 Mod Of The Year Winner and awarded a $2,500 prize.
* Project and myself featured in many interviews and over 25 international magazines: http://Doom3coop.com/about.php
* Praised by several members of id Software, the creators of Doom 3.
* Directed creative development, recruited team members and organized workflow.
* Solved technical issues; maintained communication and support with the online community.
* Orchestrated the deployment of beta and final releases.
* Coordinated international team members on a daily basis to ensure confluence between individual tasks and project objectives.
* Took on additional jobs and responsibilities as needed.
“Mike is awesome at drumming up enthusiasm and communicating effectively with groups of various sizes! I met him just after he began work on what would become a sprawling project involving dozens of developers and hundreds of fans. It was a pleasure to watch him coordinate these many streams of developer and community feedback (including my own!) and come out the other side with a tangible result.” -James
“Mike is a very honest, loyal and dependable person. He is very energetic and will always go out of his way to help others. I strongly recommend Mike for employment based on both; his character and employment history.” – Jim
“You are a true inspiration for me and other people that know you. I have had, do and will look up to you for the rest of my life.” – Dave
“Mike has superb character. When he’s a part of something, he obviously cares about everyone involved. He’s enthusiastic and bright, and a good part of any team.” – Will
“Michael has been, for as long as I have known him, to be an upstanding and supportive person… one who seeks out the best in others and encourages their skills and growth.” – Chris
“Mike has one of the most infectiously positive mindsets I’ve ever encountered in a person. Not only does he himself aspire to the highest level of competence and perfection in any task he sets his hand to, but his drive and enthusiasm motivate all those around him. At a young age I learned so much from Mike’s zeal for life and all it had to offer. I’m thankful to have known him in my youth because of what an overwhelmingly positive role model he became for me.” – Tom
“I have known Michael for nearly 14 years and have been involved with him on multiple video game projects.
When he was the project manager for our video game he not only coordinated a team of more than 10 people, he was also responsible for the PR and public image of the video game. This meant getting the word out once a public release came into the community and making sure all the blogs and news websites made a post about the new release.
I believe Michael is well qualified for any marketing position. The best example I can give was when he messaged me and was quite happy with what he had done. I asked Michael what exactly he did and he said he was able to get the author of a blog which hadn’t been updated in a year to update, just for the release of our video game. This alone shows his level of dedication to take steps farther than other individuals normally would.
I have always found Michael to be an honest and hardworking individual. He brings compassion and integrity to his work, not only for projects but also his volunteer work with kids. I can say with full confidence that he will be of immense value to you.” – Balal